Ahrefs is easily one of the best-known digital marketing analytics tools in use today.
From backlink analysis to keyword research, it is immensely useful in growing your organic traffic, monitoring your competitor’s keywords, and helping you significantly boost your website’s rankings through powerful optimization insights.
And their site explorer is an amazing dashboard that provides an overview of your site and your competitor’s site.
However, that said, the tool also suffers from some limitations. For one, it can be quite expensive for many individuals and agencies who might have budget constraints. What’s more, it can be a bit daunting at first, especially for first-time users, with all its advanced features. You might also not need all the provided features that add to the cost unnecessarily.
In this article, we bring you some of the best Ahrefs alternatives and that are worth considering considering. We’ve handpicked these apps based on their feature sets and offerings.
Ubersuggest is quickly becoming one of my favorite Ahrefs alternatives. At the moment, it is perfect if you aren’t willing to pay the $99 per month fee for Ahrefs. This includes people just starting out on their SEO journey, or people who just need to look up the occasional keyword. However, this tool is getting better and better by the day.
- With the Domain Overview, you can reverse engineer your competitor’s SEO strategy. You can see how much traffic they’re getting, what they’re top keywords are, and what keywords they are bidding on.
- You can get a Top SEO page report that shows you which of your competitors pages are getting the most traffic.
- Ubersuggest also has an intuitive keyword research tool that will help you find high volume, low competitive keywords.
- And finally, the content ideas report will help you find proven topics that are getting the most traffic and shares in your niche.
SEMRush is a digital marketing toolkit literally bursting with features. It’s perfect for competitor analysis and will present you with detailed reports that paint a picture of your competitors’ link building, paid and organic keywords, and ad marketing activities and strategies.
Let’s see what makes this popular tool a powerful Ahrefs substitute.
- You can easily use SEMRush for conducting deep backlink research and understand the nature and authority of your links.
- You can conduct keyword research to see the search volume of keywords.
- SEMRush provides traffic analytics which can be used to check the performance of a website with ease.
- You can also use the tool to compare domains side by side.
- SEMRush shows insights in the form of beautiful charts and graphs which are easy to comprehend and analyze.
SE Ranking is one of the most brilliant Ahrefs competitors out there, thanks to its rich feature set that boasts some very unique functionalities. The tool allows you to discover all potential competitors for a certain search query, for example. You can also explore paid ads by your competitors and get ahead.
SE Ranking is not just your usual SEO toolkit though. It also adds in social media management features which can come in handy for those seeking an all in one online presence optimization tool.
- The keyword rank tracker is a great keyword research tool that can be used to check the performance of your keywords for all search engines.
- Beyond the rank tracker, You can also conduct a full website audit to see if everything’s exactly that way it should be. The tool scans all pages from the homepage down to the deepest links. You’ll be able to see if the images have been optimized properly and if the website loads fast enough for your customers.
- SE Ranking also has a great backlink monitoring tool that will prove immensely useful for off-website optimizations. You will be able to filter backlinks and also estimate the costs of a backlink campaign. It is also possible to evaluate backlinks against certain SEO parameters to check performance.
Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins
If you’ve ever worked with WordPress before, chances are you've already worked with Yoast plugins. These are extremely powerful SEO tools that can help your blog stand out from the crowd.
Yoast offers a variety of optimizations, right from keywords to readability. While Yoast certainly lacks many of the advanced features found in Ahrefs, it still packs in some basic features that beginners will find immensely useful.
- Yoast keeps track of your web pages and will alert you when these haven’t been updated for a while to ensure all content on the website stays fresh and relevant.
- Yoast is also ideal for beginners who have no clue about robots.txt and other technical factors: the plugin takes care of all technical requirements in the background.
- You will also be presented with internal linking suggestions. You can check your focus keywords and SEO scores when needed.
- Yoast also shows you how well the content ranks for the chosen keyword so you could proceed to make optimizations if needed.
Moz aims to make SEO easy by removing all complexity from the equation. Moz Pro helps you understand what your audience is interested in and has been searching for typically when they arrive on your site. You can then use this information to create powerful content accordingly.
- Moz features a search visibility score that lets you see how your own content ranks for the keywords chosen.
- The toolkit also helps identify potential errors in the website by crawling all the pages and checking if there’s anything that obstructs the view of search engines. This helps ensure you enjoy higher rankings.
- Moz does not just identify possible faults, it also provides specific recommendations for you to follow in order to improve ranking.
- You could also use their proprietary metrics to see if your links are the way they should be for good SEO.
Serpstat is another powerful SEO toolkit that packs in several useful optimization features. You will be able to use the tool to compare your pages and identify what works and what doesn’t when it comes to boosting search engine rankings.
The great thing about Serpstat is that the software takes a holistic view of SEO and even has content marketing ideation tools built-in. You can use these to improve the content on your site and cater to the specific needs and queries of your users who form the majority of your traffic. Use the market intelligence tools to optimize your content for specific market trends.
- Serpstat lets you discover the top keywords for PPC campaigns. The app also suggests possible keyword variations that can help boost search engine rankings.
- Another great feature of Serpstat is that it makes it easy to tailor your keywords to a target language in a way that will make it rank higher. A variety of different languages are supported in the database. The localization feature makes Serpstat an incredibly powerful Ahrefs competitor.
- Serpstat can help you track content that receives more social media shares. You can compare your content’s performance with that of your competitors and see what works and what does not.
- Serpstat can also run site audits and help identify potential problems with the images, content, duplicate data, and the sitemap, for example. It can also correct several types of errors.
KWFinder is a great SERP analysis tool that will come in handy if you’re looking out to test new ideas or evaluating what it is that your customers are really looking for.
KWFinder is thus a complete digital marketing analysis suite that will help you refine everything from your SEO to your content strategy. The tool allows you to address many subtle and finer aspects of great SEO which will play a pivotal role in the long-term.
- KWFinder helps you identify and analyze the most relevant keywords. There are a number of keyword research and explorations tools built-in.
- The tool also uses Google Suggest to find the right phrases for your keyword. The tool uses autocomplete and questions mechanisms. You will also be able to use the autocomplete feature in KWFinder to trace the relevant long-tail keywords that can work wonders for your business.
- The tool packs in SERP analysis features which can be used to test if a certain keyword is really relevant enough. You can also check how your competitors use keywords and rank higher than them. The SERP analysis tools in KWFinder also help you discover the search intent of the target audience. You can then develop tailor-made content to address their queries directly and thus garner higher rankings in the process.
Majestic is one of the best Ahrefs competitors for several reasons. It is, in fact, the tool of choice of media analysts and SEO professionals owing to the rich insights it provides into SEO metrics for any site and its competitors.
The company claims to have mapped out the internet to an extent that it now has the largest Link Intelligence database globally.
- If you’re looking for a tool that will check competitor backlinks and referring domains for a large number of URLs at once, Majestic can help you with just that and more. The Bulk Backlink Checker tool lets you analyze multiple websites at once.
- The Search Explorer tool in Majestic is a great way to identify the top-ranking pages for any topic. You can also actually see what makes these pages rank higher in search results so you can alter your own SEO strategy accordingly in a bid to outrank top pages.
- You will be able to evaluate Twitter rankings using Majestic and see the tweets from a specific user that have received the most engagement. Majestic also lets you identify the most influential profiles on the internet for any search query.
- Another great feature of Majestic is the historical peer-review tool which lets you compare your site against your competitors in terms of the backlinks. You can compare 5 sites alongside each other and see how each has evolved with time.
- Majestic also features Flow Metrics data in the form of tables and charts which can help you see link performance at a deep level.
BuzzSumo is ideal for brands who need to revamp their SEO and SMM strategy from top to bottom. The idea factory, as the tool calls itself, generates great content ideas that can help your brand secure higher viewership.
What’s more, it also helps you to identify the right influencers for your specific business niche.
- BuzzSumo’s trend discovery feature lets SEO professionals identify viral trends in real-time for any location or topic. This way, you can stay at the top of trends that matter and that should play a role in determining your content strategy.
- BuzzSumo also provides you with great content ideas with examples to help you enrich your pages with the right content that can boost rankings significantly.
- The tool also helps you discover the right influencers for your brand. You can identify profiles that drive the highest levels of engagement online and get in touch with the right people out there. Often, it’s not about the number of followers but the actual engagement that an influencer can generate.
- BuzzSumo not only lets you identify the right influencers for yourself but also helps you see which influencers your competitors have been engaging. Deep competitor analysis tools are included in the toolkit.
- The tool also lets you identify authors who create niche content and generate large levels of engagement in the form of shares and likes online.
SEO PowerSuite is an all in one SEO marketing tool that will show you all critical SEO statistics for your site with suggestions as to how you can improve them. A variety of SEO audits are included to check for SEO health and make the necessary optimizations.
SEO PowerSuite also offers a ‘Lite’ version that you can use free of charge. You’ll get limited features, of course, but the free version is still worth considering if you have a limited budget for your SEO endeavors or are looking out to try the features before investing in the software.
- SEO PowerSuite boasts as many as 16 varied keyword suggestion mechanisms including Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Yandex WordStats, word combinations, SEMRush, and misspelled words, to name a few.
- The tool uses 346 search engines to determine keyword ranking. You can also track your competitors’ rankings and see historical data pertaining to the rankings to see how you and your competitors have been evolving over time.
- SEO PowerSuite features an extensive SEO health audit that will identify more than 30 technical issues on your site. From broken links to indexing, identify all the problems that can severely affect your ranking.
- A powerful feature in SEO PowerSuite is the ability to not only track backlinks to your site but also identify links that can affect your ranking adversely. Deep link quality checking tests that examine the anchor text and outbound links can also be deployed.
There are quite a few seo platforms beyond Ahrefs to choose from.. Each of these tools has its own pros and cons and you might end up preferring one over the other for specific needs. When looking for the best alternative to Ahrefs, it’s important to analyze your needs and budget.
Perhaps the biggest advantage of many of these Ahrefs alternatives is that they offer free versions that still include lots of useful features for you to understand these software and conduct the requisite analytics and optimization for your site.